Ugh. Sorry guys, but I got the call to go in to the courthouse at 1:30, so I won’t be here for your 4th period class. That means that I’m going to have to ask you to work through more things on your own, and I’m so sorry.
So! Here’s what I need from you:
- Finish taking notes on the PowerPoint from yesterday. You’ll find the PPT linked below, as well as an embedded video of Maria Montoya Martinez making her black-on-black Pueblo pottery. It’s a silent film, but it demonstrates the process of her pottery making REALLY well. Additionally, if you’re confused by the notes below, check this space this evening, and I’ll have recorded a screencast of me talking through the material. I can’t do it right this moment, alas, because it would be weird to record a screencast while my other students are working on a different project.
- Once you’ve finished taking notes from the pottery PPT, please complete an analysis form for item #166 on your list of 250 key artworks— that’s the Black-on-black ceramic vessel by Maria Montoya Martinez. You can find additional information on the piece here if you need it.
- Then, please complete an analysis sheet on work #163, #164, and #165 if you haven’t already. Additional material for each of these works can be found linked on this page: Indigenous Americas and Africa.
- Once you’ve completed all of these analysis sheets– please use the chart below to gather information on the Aztecs of Mesoamerica by using the the associated PowerPoint. I know this is dry, but I do need you to address this material before tomorrow.
- If you have any time remaining, please go ahead and study for your vocabulary quiz.
- Remember, check Remind this evening and I’ll let you know what’s going on with me for tomorrow. Let’s hope I’m here!
Materials for Today!
- North American Pottery: This is the PPT we were working off of yesterday. Finish taking notes on this.
- Video of Maria Montoya Martinez creating pottery:
- Information Gathering: Aztec Empire: Please use this chart and the PPT below to gather information on the history of the Aztecs in order to be ready to go for tomorrow.
- Aztec Empire History: This the PPT you should use in conjunction with the PPT above in order to be ready for tomorrow.